Applied nutrition and public health, zoology and chemistry. (AN&PH. ZC):
- Nutrition is a branch of science devoted to the study of nutrients.
- It spans a broad-ranging area overlapping with many other disciplines including Biochemistry, Microbiology, Food, science, Dietetics, Medicine and Public health.
- Dieticians explain the dietetic care needed during the periods and stages of life and the specific diet therapy for several disease conditions.
- An understanding of nutritional needs, wise choice of foods without prejudice, and adoption of desirable methods of cooking and processing would go a long way in improving the nutritional status of the community at large.
- Future scope of Nutrition … Holistic Nutritionist: Primary works of a nutritionist includes providing proper guidance related to food and the nutritional value associated with it.
- A holistic nutritionist is generally someone who takes care of a person’s eating habits so as to improve his/her health.
Careers You Can Have by Knowing About Food and Nutrition ::
Clinical Dietetics. …
Food Industry Professionals. …
Professional Chef. …
International Aid Worker. …
Food Writer. …
Public Health Worker. …
Weight Management Professional. …
Public health is the science of protecting and improving the health of people and their communities. This work is achieved by promoting healthy lifestyles, researching disease and injury prevention, and detecting, preventing and responding to infectious diseases. Public health also works to limit health disparities.
The 10 Essential Public Health Services
The 10 Essential Public Health Services describe the public health activities that all communities should undertake:
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable
- Assure competent public and personal health care workforce
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problem